Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Our Position in Messiah*

 
The enemy is a great deceiver. He tries to distract and redirect us from our place in Messiah, Jesus Christ. Currently to accomplish this, fear has been released because of the Corona Virus. However, the Word of God reminds us of where we need to be spiritually during this time, and in all times of challenge.
Psalm 23, written by David, restores us back into our place in the hands of Jesus, who is the Good Shepherd:
"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want."
As our Shepherd, the Lord cares for His sheep. They don't have to worry over their next meal, or lack, or because of an enemy.
"He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters."
The Lord places us where we are safe, and where we can rest in peace and provision, and not fear.
"He restoreth  my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake."
We live in a physical body, we are spiritual beings, and we possess a soul. The soul is our mind, our will, and our emotions. When our soul is in turmoil or fear, the Lord brings us back to our condition of peace.
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."
In our position in our Messiah, death is but a shadow to us. There is a heaven to gain and a hell to shun because of what Jesus has done for us. There is no evil for us to fear in this position with Him. The scriptures say in another place, "O death, where is thy sting; O grave, where is thy victory?" (1 Cor. 15:55).
"Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over."
All that we have need of, physically and spiritually, has already been prepared for us. God knew us before we were fashioned in our mother's wombs. He knows what we have need of, and when we are in our positions in Him, we are provided for by Him.
"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever."
This is our position in the Messiah, dwelling in the house of the LORD forever. At the cross, Jesus restored our position. We need to receive that salvation, and remain in that place from which He supplies everything to us.
Psalm 91 tells us more about our position in the Messiah, and the provision that flows from that place. Here is an excerpt:
"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD he is my refuge and my fortress: my God, in him will I trust...He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust..."
Where is this secret place of the most High, in which we must dwell and abide? Psalm 23 told us that is has to do with the house of the LORD. The secret place referred to in Psalm 91 is the Holy of Holies of the temple of God, before the ark of the covenant, before the mercy seat, which is sprinkled with the atoning blood of the Messiah. This mercy seat, the Throne of God, is between two seraphim with outstretched wings that cover it. It is the place where God is enthroned. We are the living temple of God, and we have this secret place within us, with its mercy seat covered with His blood.
"Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome (calamity, wickedness, ruin. Root- to breathe, to blow) pestilence (Root Word: dabar: speak, declare, command, promise, warn, threaten, sing, subdue, teach, appoint, rehearse, pronounce)...his truth shall be thy shield and buckler."
In our position in the secret place, the LORD delivers us from pestilence. It is His saving Word of Truth that dwells nigh us, even in our mouths. We proclaim His Word of Truth, not the mind or ways of the world. Our words line up with, are the same as, His Word. His Word became flesh and dwelt among us. His Word, Jesus, made all things which were made.
"Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday."
"A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee..."
From our position in Messiah, in the secret place, we are not to be afraid for anything.
"Because though hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation (refuge, dwelling, Tabernacle or Temple of God. Root - cohabitation or intimacy of marriage); there shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling..."
Again, the LORD emphasizes our position in the Messiah, from which all of these protections and deliverances flow. Our dwelling place is to be in the secret place, in the Temple of God.
"Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation."
God's Salvation is revealed to us from this same secret place. His Salvation is a person who has a name, "Yeshua", meaning salvation of God, or Jesus in the Greek. It is a name we are to know, in order to dwell in this secret place. It is by this Person, of this name, Jesus, that our sickness were healed by the stripes, or scourging, that was inflicted upon His body (Isa. 53:5).
Numerous times in scripture, God commands His people to fear not. From His position as our Shepherd, and from our position in the secret place, He has promised again that we are to fear nothing. Paul reminded his minister, Timothy, and all of us:
"Wherefore, I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands. For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; Who hath saved us, and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, but is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. Hold fast the form of sound words...that good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us." 2 Tim. 1:6-10
Paul emphasized to Timothy above, that the sound Words of God, the testimony of Christ, are kept or preserved in us by the Holy Spirit, who dwells in us. In these next few weeks, stir up that gift, stir up that power of the Holy Spirit to keep the Word in us. Read Acts, chapters 1 and 2, and renew your acquaintance with the Holy Spirit, who was sent to us by Christ for this purpose.

*The above is based upon the 3/22/20 message to the Church from Dr. Kenneth Stevenson. 

To Contact/Submit prayer requests/Support the ministry/Order the book, "NAZAH-White Linen and the Blood of Sprinkling", and to help us get out the message, to contribute to the Book of Remembrance for Sean Stevenson:

Dr. Kenneth Stevenson
P.O. Box 154221
Waco, TX  76705

https://twitter.com/everlastingcov8


http://endtimeschool.com/

To watch/hear Dr. Stevenson's complete message:

https://twitter.com/everlastingcov8

Prayer of Salvation for all who desire to receive Jesus as their Savior: Lord Jesus, I desire to know You, and to know Your salvation. I believe that You died for me, and that You were resurrected for me. Forgive me of my sins. Come into my heart, change me, fill me with Your righteousness. Inscribe my name in the Lamb's book of life. Baptize me in Your Holy Spirit, so that I can learn the truth of Your Word and ways, and be strengthened in my walk all the days of my life. You are the hope of my life, and You are my eternal life. I place my trust in You, Lord, for myself, and my whole household. Use me to do the will of the heavenly Father, Who sent You, in Whose name You came. In Your name, and in thanks and praise I pray, Amen.
 
Dr. Stevenson's newest book is now available:
NAZAH: White Linen and the Blood of Sprinkling  

To order "NAZAH": https://twitter.com/everlastingcov8     http://endtimeschool.com/ 

To send testimonies for the Book of Remembrance to be published in the memory of Sean Stevenson:
 
You can send your testimonies to:
everlastingcovenant@ymail.com or PO Box 154221, Waco, TX  76705.
 

Sean Stevenson
 


No comments:

Post a Comment