Thursday, May 2, 2019

The Case for God*

 
The disbelief in God that we see today, and the destructive behavior that stems from that disbelief, is not new. God makes very clear in His word that He exists, and that He created all, including man. God states that His existence is so evident,  He calls those who continue to doubt His Being despite the overwhelming evidence, "fools":
"The fool (foolish, senseless, stupid, impious, vile, wicked) hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt and have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good...God looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, that did seek God. Every one of them is gone back, they are altogether become filthy; there is none that doeth good, no, not one."  Ps. 14, Ps. 53
God defines anyone with "understanding" as one who seeks Him, who calls upon Him. In the Psalms, even in the face of the stubborn unbelief of fools, God still prophesies His salvation that comes out of Zion, and the return of Israel from captivity (Ps. 53:6, Hos. 3:4-5). Both of these promises, one being identified as connected to "the latter days", have been fulfilled to provide deliverance to all. His prophesied and fulfilled promises are the proof that He IS. There are none who do not have need of Him and His saving power. 
The recorded foolishness of man throughout history has led him to worship and create idols of every strange and powerless thing. To all of us, God repeatedly declares that there is no God besides Him:
"Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and besides me there is no God...have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it?...Is there a God besides me? Ye, there is no God (besides me), I know not any."  Isa. 44:6-8
Above, as part of God's declaration to us of His existence as the one true God, He joins in the declaration with "His Redeemer". Jesus, that same Redeemer, gave us this declaration again when He told us that He is the first, and the last, the alpha and the omega, or the aleph and the tav in Hebrew (Rev. 22:13, Rev. 2:8, 1:8, 17). God describes in the first words of Genesis that "in the beginning, or bareshiet (the Son crushed, His hand on the cross), God (Elohim aleph tav) created the heaven and the earth". God's declaration to us of who He is remains steadfast from the first words in Genesis to the last words in Revelation.
God's prophet, Isaiah, continues to declare:
"I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God besides me: I girded thee though thou hast not known me...I am the LORD and there is none else...I have made the earth and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their hosts have I commanded."  Isa. 45:5,6, 12
The LORD God provided His truth in foreknowledge of man's foolish unbelief, and all of the theories of man that would be put forth that maintain that creation occurred by accident, without God. On the contrary, as the verses above say, all creation was a direct "hands on" work fashioned by Him. God questions why man continues to strive so against the One who made him, and all things  There are troubles that come, and are directly associated with this senseless striving against our own Creator (v. 9).
God pleads with man to gain this understanding which is found in seeking Him. Our lives, now and in eternity, depend upon knowing our Creator, and His Salvation:
"Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a savior; there is none beside me."  Isa. 45:21
The LORD warns that the rejection of knowledge of Him and His existence as the only God causes man's behavior to degenerate:
"...because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor knowledge of God in the land...By swearing, and lying, and killing, and stealing, and committing adultery, they break out, and blood toucheth blood. Therefore shall the land mourn and everyone that dwelleth therein shall languish, with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven; yea, the fishes of the sea also shall be taken away...My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge, because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."   Hos. 4:1-6 (see also Rom. 1)
We can come to God only if we believe who He is, only when we believe that He receives us and rewards us for believing Him (Heb. 11:6). There is no substitute for believing that the one true God is.
God created us and knew us before we were even formed in our mothers' wombs. We do not exist solely from a procreative act or will of man. Not only did God personally form each of us, but knew all concerning us- the number of our days, and the purpose of each of our lives before anything of us physically existed (Jer. 1:4-5, Ps. 139:13-17). Man did not form us in the womb, and man has no right to destroy us in the womb according to his will.
Jesus wanted to make sure that we understood that the purpose of our lives is not determined independent of the knowledge of God, or in the accumulation of earthly riches, or in careful planning for the future. Death comes to us all, and those riches go to someone else, and those plans come to an end. Our purpose, treasure and inheritance, always but especially in these latter days, is in the knowledge of God, that He IS, and there is no other (Lk. 12:16-21).
 
*The above is based upon the 4/28/19 message to the Church from Dr. Kenneth Stevenson.
 
To Contact/Submit prayer requests/Support the ministry/Order the book, "NAZAH":

https://twitter.com/everlastingcov8


http://endtimeschool.com/

To watch/hear Dr. Stevenson's complete message:

https://twitter.com/everlastingcov8

Prayer of Salvation for all who desire to receive Jesus as their Savior: Lord Jesus, I desire to know You, and to know Your salvation. I believe that You died for me, and that You were resurrected for me. Forgive me of my sins. Come into my heart, change me, fill me with Your righteousness. Inscribe my name in the Lamb's book of life. Baptize me in Your Holy Spirit, so that I can learn the truth of Your Word and ways, and be strengthened in my walk all the days of my life. You are the hope of my life, and You are my eternal life. I place my trust in You, Lord, for myself, and my whole household. Use me to do the will of the heavenly Father, Who sent You, in Whose name You came. In Your name, and in thanks and praise I pray, Amen.
 
Dr. Stevenson's newest book is now available:
NAZAH: White Linen and the Blood of Sprinkling  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment