Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Our Jewish Mediator*

 
This Memorial weekend, we remember that there are only two people who were willing to die for you:  Jesus, who died so we could live, and the American serviceman or woman, who died so we could be safe and free.
This week, we continue with the exploration of our Jewish faith. Today we will learn about our Jewish Mediator. At the core of Jewish worship in the tabernacle was the priesthood and their mediation role of applying the blood of sacrifice, which was the blood of animals, upon the Mercy Seat to make atonement for the sins of the people. In this role, they were a type and shadow of a Mediator to come, Who would mediate between sinful people and their holy God, for all have sinned. The earthly priest's application of the animal blood of atonement in the earthly tabernacle would need to be repeated yearly. However.
as promised by God, He would send a Mediator, Who, with His own blood, blood that is far better than the blood of animals, would be the sole Mediator between God and man. His blood would not need to be applied yearly, but once and for all ages (Heb. 9:25-28). His own blood offered for atonement, is the finished work of God, completed from the foundation of the world.  (Heb. 4:3, Rev. 13:8). Because of these things, Jesus is the Mediator of a better covenant, established upon better promises, as God said:
"...I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Juda: Not according to the covenant I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the LORD. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the LORD; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people."  Heb. 8:8-10, Jer. 31:31-33, Zech. 8:8
As Paul told the Church to pray and make intercession for all men (see also 2 Pet. 3:9), especially for those in authority, he gave this reason:
"For this is good and acceptable in  the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time."   1 Tim. 3-6
This Mediator, Jesus, ever lives to make intercession for us, and is able to save to the uttermost those who come to God by Him (Heb. 7:25).
We come to our Mediator, Jesus, through the same Jewish faith that began with Abraham, and caused Abraham to believe God, and to be accounted righteous because of it:
"Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham."  Gal. 3:6-9
This same faith of Abraham, brings us to our Mediator, Christ, who was promised to all nations through Abraham:
"But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe...before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up (shut up on all sides completely, a shoal of fishes in a net) unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed....But after that faith is come...for ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For sa many of you as have been baptized into Christ, have put on Christ."   Gal. 3:23-27
The Jewish law kept us until faith came. By faith, we then came to our Jewish Mediator. We became children of God through this faith in Christ, and as we are Christ's, also then we are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise given to his seed (v. 29).
Christ fulfilled the pattern given by God to the children of Israel, and believed by the same faith of Abraham. The faith that is accounted unto righteousness. This is our Jewish faith.
 

*The above is based upon the 5/26/19 message to the Church from Dr. Kenneth Stevenson.
 
To Contact/Submit prayer requests/Support the ministry/Order the book, "NAZAH":

https://twitter.com/everlastingcov8


http://endtimeschool.com/

To watch/hear Dr. Stevenson's complete message:

https://twitter.com/everlastingcov8

Prayer of Salvation for all who desire to receive Jesus as their Savior: Lord Jesus, I desire to know You, and to know Your salvation. I believe that You died for me, and that You were resurrected for me. Forgive me of my sins. Come into my heart, change me, fill me with Your righteousness. Inscribe my name in the Lamb's book of life. Baptize me in Your Holy Spirit, so that I can learn the truth of Your Word and ways, and be strengthened in my walk all the days of my life. You are the hope of my life, and You are my eternal life. I place my trust in You, Lord, for myself, and my whole household. Use me to do the will of the heavenly Father, Who sent You, in Whose name You came. In Your name, and in thanks and praise I pray, Amen.
 
Dr. Stevenson's newest book is now available:
NAZAH: White Linen and the Blood of Sprinkling  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment