Tuesday, August 18, 2020

America, Seek His Face*

 
We have been talking about the necessity of seeking God's face. We have spoken about how the scriptures reveal a miraculous image of the Lord that kings may look upon and understand without anyone telling them. We have found such an image of the Lord's face and body on the Shroud of Turin. The Apostle Paul wrote to the church of Galatia about an "engraving" they had seen with their own eyes (Gal. 3:1).
We will see how seeking the Lord's face, not only powerfully impacts individuals, but whole nations as well. Considering the conditions in this nation, it is urgent that America seeks His face.
The LORD would appear at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation to meet with Moses. The LORD would speak from within a cloudy pillar: "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face as a man speaketh unto his friend."  Ex. 33:11
As Moses spoke to the LORD, he began to petition the LORD for the people, the children of Israel:
"Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people. And he (the LORD) said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest." 
                                                                                             Ex. 33:13-14
However, the children of Israel became rebellious, forgetting the miracle deliverance power of God. As they experienced challenges in the wilderness, they blamed Moses and Aaron, and they wished they had died instead in Egypt, or in the wilderness (Num. 14:1-2). That generation, by the way, eventually got their faithless wish.
Most of the spies sent to scout out the new land of promise, had brought back a frightening report regarding the fierce inhabiting hostile tribes of that land. However, two of the spies, Joshua and Caleb, encouraged the people in their trust of the LORD to enter into the land which the LORD had given them saying of those tribes, "...the LORD is with us, fear them not." The people desired to stone them, rather than to listen to their words of faith and truth. This s the same Joshua, by the way, who would remain behind in the tabernacle of meeting as Moses would go in and out. He is the same Joshua who would lead the people after Moses' death, and who would tell the people, "...choose you this day whom ye will serve...but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."
As a result of their unbelief and rebellion, the LORD became angry with the people. He said to Moses, "How long will this people provoke me? and how long will it be ere they believe me, for all the signs which I have shewed among them? I will smite them with the pestilence, and disinherit them, and will make of thee a greater nation and mightier than they." v. 11-12
Hasn't America shown the same rebellion and unbelief towards God? How long can we provoke God, and mock Him, and reject His ways?
Moses then began to intercede for the children of Israel, telling the LORD that Egypt was watching God's relationship with Israel, and would send word to the tribal inhabitants of the land in Canaan, "...that thou LORD art among this people, that thou  LORD art seen face to face, and that thy cloud standeth over them, and that thou goest before them...And now, I beseech thee, let the power of my LORD be great, according as thou hast spoken, saying, The LORD is longsuffering, and of great mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression, and by no means clearing the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation. Pardon, I beseech thee, the iniquity of this people according unto the greatness of thy mercy, and as thou hast forgiven this people, from Egypt even until now."  v. 13-19
The LORD heard Moses and answered him, "I have pardoned according to thy word: But as truly as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the LORD"  v. 20-21
Not only did the prayer of Moses, a man who had known God's grace, and had seen Him face to face, turn the deserved anger of the LORD away from the children of Israel, but also generated the promise of God to fill the whole earth with His glory. The grace found within a face to face relationship with the LORD impacted a man, a nation, and the whole earth. God creates miracles in our face to face relationship with Him. God does not seek a religion, but a face to face relationship with man, and always has, even from the beginning in the Garden.
Moses told Israel that as they had met with the LORD face-to-face, God created a covenant relationship with them, giving them His statutes and judgments: a relationship unlike any that had existed with their forefathers. At that time, Moses had to position himself between the people and God, and deliver His Word to them, because of their fear (Deut. 5:1-6). Moses had stood in the gap on behalf of the nation again, face to face with God.
We also have the assurance as we seek the face of God, that by His Grace, in the form of His Son, Jesus, we need not fear death, but have been passed from death unto life.
America, we were born and formed as a nation by the Word and Spirit of God. We were bold, brave, and abundantly blessed because of our trust in God, and our reverence for Him. Like Israel, we were a people to whom God spoke face to face. However, the world's once shining example and champion has become a weak and sick captive to its own sin, iniquity, wickedness, and rebellion against God. Our great riches have dried up, and blown away like dust in a matter of months. Pandemic sickness and death has taken more of our people than in any other nation on earth. Racial hatred has been exposed in us. Political strife and financial confusion rule our days, and chaos and violence have become the rulers of our nights. People are exiting our cities in droves seeking places of safety and security, but none can be found.
America, it is time to seek God's face. It is not yet too late. Grace, forgiveness and redemption are found in His face, as we saw when Moses interceded on behalf of a rebellious people. In 2 Chron. 7:14, the LORD promises, "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."
 
*The above is based upon the 8/16/20 message to the Church from Dr. Kenneth Stevenson. 

To Contact/Submit prayer requests/Support the ministry/Order the book, "NAZAH-White Linen and the Blood of Sprinkling", and to help us get out the message, to contribute to the Book of Remembrance, or Memorial Fund for Sean Stevenson:

Dr. Kenneth Stevenson
P.O. Box 154221
Waco, TX  76705

https://twitter.com/everlastingcov8


http://endtimeschool.com/

everlastingcovenant@ymail.com

To watch/hear Dr. Stevenson's complete message:

https://twitter.com/everlastingcov8

Prayer of Salvation for all who desire to receive Jesus as their Savior: Lord Jesus, I desire to know You, and to know Your salvation. I believe that You died for me, and that You were resurrected for me. Forgive me of my sins. Come into my heart, change me, fill me with Your righteousness. Inscribe my name in the Lamb's book of life. Baptize me in Your Holy Spirit, so that I can learn the truth of Your Word and ways, and be strengthened in my walk all the days of my life. You are the hope of my life, and You are my eternal life. I place my trust in You, Lord, for myself, and my whole household. Use me to do the will of the heavenly Father, Who sent You, in Whose name You came. In Your name, and in thanks and praise I pray, Amen.
 
Dr. Stevenson's newest book is now available:

NAZAH: White Linen and the Blood of Sprinkling  

To order "NAZAH": https://twitter.com/everlastingcov8     http://endtimeschool.com/ 

 
 Remembering:

                                                                   Sean Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment