Friday, July 17, 2020

Church in America, Will You Hear?*

 
From our beginning, America was established with a dependence upon the Christian faith. One of the earliest founding documents, The Mayflower Compact, which was the first governing document of Plymouth Colony, was written and signed in 1620 before the settlers disembarked from the ship. This document says in part:
"IN THE NAME OF GOD, AMEN. We, whose names are underwritten...Having undertaken for the Glory of God, and advancement of the Christian Faith..."
Subsequent American history, which includes slavery, tells us that the Godly foundations of America were violated at an early point, and continues to be violated by a people who have chosen to call evil good, and good evil, with abortion as just one current example.
This message seeks to reveal the steps that need to be taken for the repentance and revival that America needs.
There is a consequence for rejecting Jesus, and His commandments:
"Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes? Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof."   Mt. 21:42-43
Jesus delivered these words to Israel, but they are true for any people who reject the truth of God. The kingdom of God can, and will be removed from them. Even the American Church incorporates new age falsehoods and mysticism. Atheism and Humanism are acceptable in America while faith, especially the Christian faith, becomes more and more mocked and persecuted.
A nation that overflows with the blessings of God, as America does, can find that it will suffer the consequences of despising those blessings:
"For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God: But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned."
Heb. 6:7-8
We were abundantly blessed by God in this country in order to bring forth edifying spiritual fruit that benefits many, but instead, we have used those blessings to bring forth spiritual briars and thorns, of no desirability, or useful purpose.
We have seen calamity upon calamity befall this nation, as is warned of in the Psalms:
"Horror hath taken hold upon me because of the wicked that forsake thy law."  Ps. 119:53
As we read last week in Ezekiel 22, Isaiah 5, and Hosea 4, the LORD prophesies woe and destruction for the nation that embraces the shedding of blood, the oppression of the weak and poor, the corruption of governing leaders, and religious leaders, who compromise what they know is right for ungodly gain, and whose people follow the same corrupt example. Such a nation will reap the rewards of their unrighteousness. As this nation has turned its back on the mercy, truth and knowledge of God, and forgotten Him, He will also forget our children.
God cries out to America in the same way that He cried out to Israel:
"Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the LORD God. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin. Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel? For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the LORD God: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye."   Ezek. 18:30-32
In what turned out to be a prophetic glimpse into the condition of America, Rev. D. James Kennedy said,
"Tolerance is the last virtue of a depraved society. When you have an immoral society that has blatantly, proudly, violated all of the commandments of God, there is one last virtue they insist upon: tolerance for their immorality."
Doesn't this sound familiar in America? America insists upon tolerance for all ungodliness, but shows little tolerance for the mention of God, neither His name, nor His Word.
Life and death hangs in the balance of America's decision regarding repentance for our iniquity and transgressions, although God does not desire any to perish. He is longsuffering, that we might yet repent, and live. The question is: Will America repent? We have been wrong about many things in this nation, so it is time to say we were, and are, wrong.
In a Psalm about the LORD's mercy to us, it is written:
"I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD. The LORD hath chastened me sore: but he hath not given me over unto death. Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will go into them, and I will praise the LORD."   Ps. 118:17-19
Turn and live America, while God is crying out to you.

*The above is based upon the 7/12/20 message to the Church from Dr. Kenneth Stevenson. 
To Contact/Submit prayer requests/Support the ministry/Order the book, "NAZAH-White Linen and the Blood of Sprinkling", and to help us get out the message, to contribute to the Book of Remembrance for Sean Stevenson:

Dr. Kenneth Stevenson
P.O. Box 154221
Waco, TX  76705

https://twitter.com/everlastingcov8


http://endtimeschool.com/

everlastingcovenant@ymail.com

To watch/hear Dr. Stevenson's complete message:

https://twitter.com/everlastingcov8

Prayer of Salvation for all who desire to receive Jesus as their Savior: Lord Jesus, I desire to know You, and to know Your salvation. I believe that You died for me, and that You were resurrected for me. Forgive me of my sins. Come into my heart, change me, fill me with Your righteousness. Inscribe my name in the Lamb's book of life. Baptize me in Your Holy Spirit, so that I can learn the truth of Your Word and ways, and be strengthened in my walk all the days of my life. You are the hope of my life, and You are my eternal life. I place my trust in You, Lord, for myself, and my whole household. Use me to do the will of the heavenly Father, Who sent You, in Whose name You came. In Your name, and in thanks and praise I pray, Amen.
 
Dr. Stevenson's newest book is now available:

NAZAH: White Linen and the Blood of Sprinkling  


                                                                   Sean Stevenson
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment