Thursday, April 23, 2020

Proper Prior Prayer*

 
 
There is a saying: "Proper Prior Planning Prevents Pitifully Poor Performance".
I would like to amend that proverb this way: "Proper Prior PRAYER Prevents Pitifully Poor Performance".
As Jesus and the Apostles taught about the events or signs of the end times, which we are seeing every day now, and the return of Christ, they warned that prayer was a vital ingredient in our preparation, and for our survival through those things to come. As Jesus discussed specifically the events before His return, He concluded:
"...take heed to yourselves...for as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth...Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man." 
                                                                                                        Lk. 21:34-36
Scripture says that we are not appointed unto wrath, however, we are not assured escape from the tribulation, those earth-churning events, except by the possibility provided through prayer. The Apostle Paul also taught regarding the times of the end, and our preparation for them:
"But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief...Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."   1 Thess. 5:4, 17-18
Apostle Peter similarly wrote:
"But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer." 
                                                                                                           1 Pet. 4:7
Something is very wrong if we do not have a constant attitude of prayer, especially in these times of signs. The latest sign to us is the world wide spread of the Corona Virus, or Covid19. Many are acting foolishly tempting God by the assembling of themselves carelessly. Others are being careful and sober to observe all physical precautions, but are we including the prayerfulness that Jesus and the Apostles urged?
Paul wrote:
"...The Lord is at hand. Be careful (anxious) for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."   Phil. 4:5-7
Many are anxious and fearful at this time. Enter into prayer with thanksgiving, and through it, the peace of God found in Christ will be available to you.
As Paul wrote about the spiritual preparation necessary and available to all saints daily (Eph. 6:10-17), he included in his final instructions:
"Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance, and supplication for all saints."  v. 18
As Solomon completed the building of the temple in Jerusalem, which is a house of prayer for all nations, he prayed to the LORD concerning it, and the LORD answered him. Solomon asked the LORD that in the case of catastrophic events and circumstances, which would include famine, pestilence, locusts, and attacking enemies, brought about by the sins of God's people, if the people of God, and also the stranger in the midst, return to Him, confess, and pray towards that special place of prayer, the house of God, that God would then forgive His people and maintain their cause (2 Chron. 6, 7). Even as Solomon ended his prayer at the altar, fire from heaven came down and consumed the offering being made, and the glory of God filled the temple. The LORD then made this solemn promise in answer to Solomon's humble prayer on behalf of God's people:
"...I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to myself as a house of sacrifice. If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people; If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.. For now have I chosen and sanctified this house, that my name may be there forever: and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually."  2 Chron. 7:11-16 (excerpt)
This physical house of God spoken of above, held His presence and glory. It was a house of sacrifice. Each item of furnishing within it testified prophetically of His Son, the Messiah Jesus who would come. Now Jesus has built that same house, or temple, within each of us who call upon His name, and are filled with His Holy Spirit. Jesus was zealous for this precious "temple" of prayer, forcefully cleansing it of thieves and merchandisers, and would allow nothing to defile it.
Even as Israel prepares to rebuild the physical temple on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, as is also prophesied in scripture, we, the believers in Christ, have a special responsibility as God's most holy spiritual temples. We have been called to be a house of prayer for all nations.
"Proper Prior Prayer Prevents Pitifully Poor Performance".
 
*The above is based upon the 4/19/20 message to the Church from Dr. Kenneth Stevenson. 

To Contact/Submit prayer requests/Support the ministry/Order the book, "NAZAH-White Linen and the Blood of Sprinkling", and to help us get out the message, to contribute to the Book of Remembrance for Sean Stevenson:

Dr. Kenneth Stevenson
P.O. Box 154221
Waco, TX  76705

https://twitter.com/everlastingcov8


http://endtimeschool.com/

To watch/hear Dr. Stevenson's complete message:

https://twitter.com/everlastingcov8

Prayer of Salvation for all who desire to receive Jesus as their Savior: Lord Jesus, I desire to know You, and to know Your salvation. I believe that You died for me, and that You were resurrected for me. Forgive me of my sins. Come into my heart, change me, fill me with Your righteousness. Inscribe my name in the Lamb's book of life. Baptize me in Your Holy Spirit, so that I can learn the truth of Your Word and ways, and be strengthened in my walk all the days of my life. You are the hope of my life, and You are my eternal life. I place my trust in You, Lord, for myself, and my whole household. Use me to do the will of the heavenly Father, Who sent You, in Whose name You came. In Your name, and in thanks and praise I pray, Amen.
 
Dr. Stevenson's newest book is now available:
NAZAH: White Linen and the Blood of Sprinkling  

To order "NAZAH": https://twitter.com/everlastingcov8     http://endtimeschool.com/ 

To send testimonies for the Book of Remembrance to be published in the memory of Sean Stevenson:
 
You can send your testimonies to:
everlastingcovenant@ymail.com or PO Box 154221, Waco, TX  76705.
 

Sean Stevenson
 



No comments:

Post a Comment