Friday, November 29, 2019

For The Children*

Image result for images millstone around neck
 
We are seeing our children come under attack like never before. There are shootings in schools, sexual agendas towards children, books and other influential media dealing with witchcraft and demonology directed towards children, as well as the call for abortion on demand. However, through it all, politicians from both sides of the aisle use these dire events as political fodder, rather than as issues to be seriously and sincerely addressed.
Jesus taught regarding the preciousness of children in the Father's eyes:
"At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them. And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted (to turn one's self), and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me. But whoso shall offend (to put a stumbling block in the way upon which another may trip and fall, to entice to sin, to cause a person to begin to distrust and desert one whom he ought to trust and obey, to cause to fall away) one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea."                                                                                                  Mt. 18:1-6
Our society is doing all it can to cause children to distrust and desert what they should trust and obey. We are teaching children falsehoods to lead them to things that are destruction for them. Jesus said it would be better to die than to be one who has this agenda towards children. In later verses, He said that it would be better to lose body parts like a hand, foot, or eye, rather than use it to cause spiritual or physical harm to a child, or to a believer who has come to God in the same manner as a humble, vulnerable child.
To the prophet Hosea, the LORD says to His people Israel that He has:
"...a controversy with the inhabitants of the land, because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor knowledge of God in the land."  Hos. 4:1
The LORD goes on to describe a spiritually bankrupt condition of lying, swearing, killing, stealing, sexual sin and violence in His people in the land (v. 2). Aren't we witnessing these same sad conditions in our nation? The LORD said that as His people had forgotten His law, and rejected knowledge of Him, and His ways, He also would forget their children. The children, being the most vulnerable and trusting, are the first to be affected when God's people turn away from His Word, and ways. One such spiritual attack in our nation resulted in deeply affecting the children as Madalyn Murray O'Hair, an atheist, sued to remove prayer from public schools. God's people remained silent as, one after another, references to God, and to His Word, and to His Son, Jesus, were systematically removed from the public realm. Our children have paid the price.
It is the intention of God that the children should know Him, and His life-giving truth. As the LORD talked about restoring the estranged relationship between Himself, and one whom He considers His wife, Israel, He prophesied to Isaiah the effect this would have on the children:
"And all thy children shalt be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children. In righteousness thou shalt be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee."  Isa. 54:13-14
To the prophet Hosea, the LORD said that He would wait for His people to turn back to Him. Unfortunately, He did not see that happening until the spiritual affliction that had resulted from their rejection of His knowledge, had become unbearable:
I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early."  Hos. 5:13
After receiving this word, the prophet cries out to God's people:
"Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up."  Hos. 6:1
Even the promise of resurrection comes with our return to the LORD (v. 2). The physical revival is directly connected to the spiritual revival. With our repentance, God's rewards for us become even greater than we knew before.
In another place Hosea wrote:
"O Israel return unto the LORD thy God; for thou hast fallen by thine iniquity. Take with you words, and turn to the LORD: say unto him, Take away all iniquity, and receive us graciously: so we will render the calves of our lips."  Hos. 14:1-2
To the above cry of His prophet, the LORD replied and promised:
"I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him...They that dwell under his shadow shall return; they shall revive as the corn, and grow as the vine: the scent thereof shall be as the wine of Lebanon...Who is wise and he shall understand these things?...For the ways of the LORD are right, and the just shall walk in them: but the transgressors shall fall therein."   v. 4-9 (excerpt)
Today, seeing the spiritual condition among the people of God, and in our land, including the victimizing of our children in every way, it is time to heed the call of Hosea, and return to the LORD humbly, as a little child. Again the LORD promises:
"If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people; If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."  2 Chron. 7:13-14

*The above is based upon the 11/24/19 message to the Church from Dr. Kenneth Stevenson. 

To Contact/Submit prayer requests/Support the ministry/Order the book, "NAZAH-White Linen and the Blood of Sprinkling", and to help us get out the message:
Dr. Kenneth Stevenson
P.O. Box 154221
Waco, TX  76705

https://twitter.com/everlastingcov8


http://endtimeschool.com/

To watch/hear Dr. Stevenson's complete message:

https://twitter.com/everlastingcov8

Prayer of Salvation for all who desire to receive Jesus as their Savior: Lord Jesus, I desire to know You, and to know Your salvation. I believe that You died for me, and that You were resurrected for me. Forgive me of my sins. Come into my heart, change me, fill me with Your righteousness. Inscribe my name in the Lamb's book of life. Baptize me in Your Holy Spirit, so that I can learn the truth of Your Word and ways, and be strengthened in my walk all the days of my life. You are the hope of my life, and You are my eternal life. I place my trust in You, Lord, for myself, and my whole household. Use me to do the will of the heavenly Father, Who sent You, in Whose name You came. In Your name, and in thanks and praise I pray, Amen.
 
Dr. Stevenson's newest book is now available:
NAZAH: White Linen and the Blood of Sprinkling  



No comments:

Post a Comment