Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Revisiting "Back to the Garden: Taberncles"*

 
This message revisits the 2017 message titled, "Back to the Garden: Tabernacles", with current updates. The news headlines, particularly those dealing with Turkey (Togarmah in scripture: Ezek. 38), who is attacking and executing Kurds, the turmoil in the nation of Syria, and the lining up of the other nations mentioned prophetically in Ezekiel, now occurring during this fall season of the feasts of the LORD, should bring our attention to the meaning of these feasts in these end times.
The Feast of Tabernacles, or Sukkot, is the seventh feast, taking place in the seventh month, and lasting for seven days. We can see from this that this feast has a Sabbath rest significance. This Sabbath rest is associated with the Millennial Kingdom of Messiah. With our nation shredded from within, the Sabbath association with Tabernacles is very much needed at this time in our history.
Tabernacles is a feast of rejoicing in the LORD. The Jewish people build booths called sukkah, meaning tabernacle, tent or pavilion, from tree branches (see photo at the top of the page) to celebrate this feast. Seventy bulls were offered during this feast to represent the seventy nations of the earth, because God's Feast of Tabernacles will encompass every nation, according to the prophecies of scripture. In the Book of Jubilees it is written that Abraham celebrated the Feast of Tabernacles** before it was proscribed in the Law of Moses, to rejoiced and worship as God reaffirmed His prophetic promise and covenant with  Abraham.
Tabernacles is seen as the culmination of the will and word of God in the Book of Revelation:
"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new...And he said unto me, It is done. I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son."
                                                                                                       Rev. 21:1-7
Along with this awesome fulfillment of the promise of the Feast of Tabernacles, however, the Lord also issues a grave warning:
"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and the murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers (Grk- pharmakon: a drug, potion, druggist, poisoner, magician, magical remedies), and idolaters, and all liars (to speak deliberate falsehoods, deceive by falsehood), shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."   v. 8
Current headlines are full of the abundance of lies and liars. Politicians of all leanings and parties, news media, even religious leaders, are engaging in lies, each for their own advantage. Jesus made clear, above, the penalty for those who engage in the flood of lies that we are seeing in this time. We can also see how the recent headlines regarding pharmaceutical drug scandals, as well as the contamination of our food with chemicals, hormones, and harmful additives for profit are all relevant to this prophecy.
The Feat of Tabernacles is promised by, and in Christ. He is the fulfillment of the feast, as it is written:
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God...And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."   Jn. 1:1, 14
The purpose of the Word who became flesh, Jesus, was to dwell in the midst of men, or tabernacle among them, where we could look upon Him.
A disciple asked Jesus how He will manifest Himself to them, but not to the world (the world cannot receive the Spirit of Truth: Jn. 14:17). Jesus answered:
"If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him."  Jn. 14:22-23
We cannot enter the fulfillment of Tabernacles in just any manner. It requires us to love (Grk-agapao: to love dearly, have a preference for, to welcome, to be well pleased, or contented with) the Person of Jesus, and to keep His words.
David wrote about experiencing tabernacle with the LORD, a place of rest and protection, not just in a time to come, but now, during the days of our lives:
"One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD (refer to Jn. 1:14, above), and to inquire in his temple. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD...When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek."   Ps. 27:4-8
Tabernacles is a provision for "the time of trouble", as David revealed. We are seeing that time now, that tribulation, as prophesied in scripture, in the signs around us. We enter into that Tabernacle, as Jesus pointed out, by believing and loving, and obeying Him and His word. David learned by revelation from God that tabernacle required him to "Seek my face". Jesus said in John 14 that He is the face of Tabernacles. He is the face, and Tabernacles is the place reserved for us in the time of trouble.
Balaam saw the pleasing tents of Israel, and could not curse them, though he was hired by a king to do just that. The day of judgment is coming, and the return of Christ is at hand. Jesus said if these days are not shortened, no flesh would survive. The Feast of Tabernacles is speaking to us of these things, and this time.

*The above is based upon the 10/13/19 message to the Church from Dr. Kenneth Stevenson. 

**The Book of Jubilees, Ch. 16
To Contact/Submit prayer requests/Support the ministry/Order the book, "NAZAH-White Linen and the Blood of Sprinkling", and to help us get out the message:

Dr. Kenneth Stevenson
P.O. Box 154221
Waco, TX  76705

https://twitter.com/everlastingcov8


http://endtimeschool.com/

To watch/hear Dr. Stevenson's complete message:

https://twitter.com/everlastingcov8

Prayer of Salvation for all who desire to receive Jesus as their Savior: Lord Jesus, I desire to know You, and to know Your salvation. I believe that You died for me, and that You were resurrected for me. Forgive me of my sins. Come into my heart, change me, fill me with Your righteousness. Inscribe my name in the Lamb's book of life. Baptize me in Your Holy Spirit, so that I can learn the truth of Your Word and ways, and be strengthened in my walk all the days of my life. You are the hope of my life, and You are my eternal life. I place my trust in You, Lord, for myself, and my whole household. Use me to do the will of the heavenly Father, Who sent You, in Whose name You came. In Your name, and in thanks and praise I pray, Amen.
 
Dr. Stevenson's newest book is now available:
NAZAH: White Linen and the Blood of Sprinkling  






 


No comments:

Post a Comment