Tuesday, August 6, 2019

The Truth vs. The Lie*

 
 
Charles Spurgeon once said, "A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes." Lies seem to outdistance truth in our world on a regular basis.
The Nazi propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels exalted the power of the lie. He said that if a lie was repeated long enough, it becomes the truth. The lies of the Nazis, as we all know, led to much death and destruction, and finally, to their own destruction.
Our God is the Speaker of truth, and the Judge of the lie. His word is clear on the subject, and has been since the beginning. As Truth, He is unchanging in all things. His Son, our Savior, Jesus, sent in the name of His Father, was Truth made flesh: Truth walking in an "earth suit". Even in the midst of His examination before Pontius Pilate, He maintained His mission of Truth:
"Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice."  Jn. 18:37
Truth not only identifies who God is and who Jesus is, but it also identifies who we are: "of the truth".
As Jesus promised to bring us into His Father's house, to bring us where He is, to the place that He has gone ahead to prepare for us, Jesus assured us that if these things were NOT so, He would have told us. However, because He has spoken Truth, and we have believed Him, we can be sure of these things. When asked how we can know this way to the Father, and be with Christ in such a place, Jesus said as the guarantee, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him."  
                                                                                                Jn. 14:1-7 (excerpt)
There is no way to the Father except by the living person of Truth, Jesus. All other ways, are lies. Because men believe the destroying lies so readily, as they appeal to the sin and rebellion in our hearts, God has made His judgment clear regarding lies and liars:
"And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega (Heb.-"Aleph-Tav"), the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. But the fearful, the unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."   Rev. 21:6-8
The Truth brings us into eternal life, having passed through only the valley of the shadow of death, immediately entering the presence of the Lord and His glory, as promised. Liars, and the other abominables face the full horror of never-ending death. Again, the Lord says of the difference in the futures of those who follow the Truth vs. those who chase and believe the lie:
"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city (New Jerusalem). For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie."     Rev. 22:13--15
In a listing of the six things the LORD hates, even calling seven an abomination, the LORD includes:
"...a proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, a false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren."   Prov. 6:16-19
God hates the lies and liars that send men to their destruction.
Peter revealed that those who prophecy, speak and teach lies have many followers. Because of them, "...the way of truth shall be evil spoken of." (2 Pet. 2:1-2). This is certainly the case today. Peter warned, however, that those involved in this teaching of lies, and those who quickly accept the lies, bring upon themselves swift destruction.
The apostle Paul had to address false teachings in the Church concerning the coming of Christ, and our gathering together unto Him. It was being falsely said that these events had already occurred, greatly upsetting those believers who heard these false teachings..
Paul reminded the Church that a great falling away would occur before the return of Christ, as well as the revealing of the son of perdition, who would oppose and exalt himself above all that is called God. These events would be a confrontation between the Truth, and the lie, and those who believe the lie. This son of perdition "whose coming is after the work of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, and with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: that they might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."   2 Thess. 2:1-12 (excerpt)
Though the above verse refers to "a lie", the language used should be read as "the lie". The lie existed from the beginning of man. It was in the Garden as it challenged Eve saying, "Yea, hath God said...?" (Gen. 3:1). The lie promoted the idea that God did not tell the man and woman the truth. Man is still believing that same original lie. Even the Church has often believed that same lie, failing to teach the truth of His Word, but we have been called by Christ to be "of the truth".

 *The above is based upon the 8/4/19 message to the Church from Dr. Kenneth Stevenson.

To Contact/Submit prayer requests/Support the ministry/Order the book, "NAZAH":

https://twitter.com/everlastingcov8


http://endtimeschool.com/

To watch/hear Dr. Stevenson's complete message:

https://twitter.com/everlastingcov8

Prayer of Salvation for all who desire to receive Jesus as their Savior: Lord Jesus, I desire to know You, and to know Your salvation. I believe that You died for me, and that You were resurrected for me. Forgive me of my sins. Come into my heart, change me, fill me with Your righteousness. Inscribe my name in the Lamb's book of life. Baptize me in Your Holy Spirit, so that I can learn the truth of Your Word and ways, and be strengthened in my walk all the days of my life. You are the hope of my life, and You are my eternal life. I place my trust in You, Lord, for myself, and my whole household. Use me to do the will of the heavenly Father, Who sent You, in Whose name You came. In Your name, and in thanks and praise I pray, Amen.
 
Dr. Stevenson's newest book is now available:
NAZAH: White Linen and the Blood of Sprinkling  

No comments:

Post a Comment