Tuesday, October 30, 2018

The Midnight Cry

!967: Israeli Army Enters Jerusalem
 
Recently, there has been an increase in both anti-Israel and anti-Semitic rhetoric and violence throughout the nations. We have just witnessed the worst act of violence against Jews in this nation's history with the mass murder of 11 Sabbath worshippers at the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. These evil events should immediately bring to mind the prophetic words of scripture, especially pertaining to these last days.
There was an unshakeable, unbreakable covenant promise given to Israel by the LORD which we have seen fulfilled in our generation. God repeatedly promised through His prophets that Israel, despite seemingly impossible circumstances, would one day be restored as a nation, and the people would live in the land once again. Not only would the LORD physically restore the land of Israel and its people, but He would also spiritually restore the people of Israel, and their relationship with Him. The Church has often embraced the false teaching that it has replaced Israel, and has become this spiritual Israel, but the scriptures are very clear that God has never abandoned His promises for the nation and people of Israel:
"Thus speaketh the LORD God of Israel saying, Write thee all the words that I have spoken unto thee in a book. For lo, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will bring again the captives of my people Israel and Judah, saith the LORD: and I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it....Behold, I will gather them out of all countries, whither I have driven them in mine anger...and I will bring them again unto this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely. And they shall be my people, and I shall be their God...And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them...Yea, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will plant them in this land assuredly with my whole heart and with my whole soul."   Jer. 30:2-3, 32:37-38, 40-41
The LORD swore this promise even though the nations and heathen people had taken Israel as a prey, and had made it desolate (Ez. 36:1-5). Not only did God promise to restore the nation of Israel, but to make it multiply and prosper like never before:
"And I will multiply upon you man and beast; and they shall increase and bring fruit: and I will settle you after your old estates, and will do better unto you than at your beginnings: and ye shall know that I am the LORD."   Ez. 36:11
This has been an ongoing, eternal, living promise to Israel, which the LORD has kept repeatedly despite numerous historical destructions of Israel and the Jewish people by enemy nations and heathens. Men and nations would be wise to keep this promise in mind, because God also promised to pour His wrath upon all who would come against His land and people. Those who think that they do God a favor by persecuting His land, or the Jewish people, are deceived and in danger of judgment. Though God has carried out this judgment wrath against these persecutors throughout history, He specifically promises this for the latter days:
"Behold, the whirlwind (hurricane, storm, rage, to be violently shaken) of the LORD goeth forth with fury, a continuing (to catch, chew, and chew again) whirlwind : it shall fall with pain upon the head of the wicked. The fierce anger of the LORD shall not return, until he have done it, and until he have performed the intents of his heart: in the latter days ye shall consider it."   Jer. 30:23-24
Along with the physical restoration of Israel, comes the prophetic promise of a spiritual restoration and revival:
"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah...I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people...I will forgive their iniquity and I will remember their sin no more."   Jer. 31:31-34 (excerpt)
The above is a promise that can never end. It is assured for as long as the sun, moon, stars, seas and waves exist (v. 35). This promise is directly connected to the promise regarding the land:
"For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean...A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you, and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh...And I will put my spirit within you...And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I shall be your God."
                                                                                                Ez. 36:24-28 (excerpt)
God has indeed brought Jews out of all the nations of the earth, and returned them to a miraculously restored nation of Israel in our time. He will also initiate a new covenant with its spiritual revival in them. He promises the kingship of the Messiah, like the kingship of David, upon His restored nation (Jer. 30:9, Ez. 37:24-25), and His tabernacle in their midst forever (Ez. 37:26). The Messianic kingship promise is joined with the restoration of the land. As we have seen Israel restored as a nation, this is a sign that we will see the return of our Messiah, Jesus, soon.
The LORD also promises Israel the resurrection from the dead in connection with His promise concerning the restoration of the land (Ez. 37:12-14), and the miraculous joining of two separate sticks, or branches of faith, together into a single stick (stalk, tree, branch, carpenter, root meaning: to shut, firm) in the hand of the prophet. One stick represents the Gentiles of faith, and the other represents the Jewish branch of faith (v. 15-20). Those days are indeed ahead in the near future.
The LORD has also prophesied the terrible persecution that His people and nation will see in the future. He calls it "the time of Jacob's trouble". After the restoration of the land, it will be a time so terrible, that nothing like it has ever existed before - a time of terror and fear. However, God promises that they shall be saved out of it (Jer. 30:3-8):
"...again there shall be heard in this place....The voice of joy, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the voice of them that shall say, Praise the LORD of hosts: for the LORD is good, and his mercy endureth for ever...Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will perform that good thing which I have promised unto the house of Israel and to the house of Judah...In those days...will I cause the Branch of righteousness to grow up unto David; and he shall execute judgment and righteousness in the land. In those days, shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The LORD our righteousness."  
                                                                                          Jer. 33:10-11, 14-16 (excerpt)
As we see the prophesied restoration of the nation of Israel and the city of Jerusalem being fulfilled, the midnight hour has come when the friend of the bridegroom must be crying out, "Behold, the bridegroom cometh, go ye out to meet him."

To Contact/Submit Prayer Request/Support the Ministry/Order the book, "NAZAH":
https://twitter.com/everlastingcov8
http://endtimeschool.com/
To Watch Dr. Stevenson's Complete Message:
https://twitter.com/everlastingcov8

Prayer of Salvation for all who desire to receive Jesus as their Savior:Lord Jesus, I desire to know You, and to know Your salvation. I believe that You died for me, and that You were resurrected for me. Forgive me of my sins. Come into my heart, change me, fill me with Your righteousness. Inscribe my name in the Lamb's book of life. Baptize me in Your Holy Spirit, so that I can learn the truth of Your Word and ways, and be strengthened in my walk all the days of my life. You are the hope of my life, and You are my eternal life. I place my trust in You, Lord, for myself, and my whole household. Use me to do the will of the heavenly Father, Who sent You, in Whose name You came. In Your name, and in thanks and praise I pray, Amen.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment