Monday, June 11, 2018

Are You Preparing?

 
The Lord Jesus gave clear instructions and warnings, concerning the signs of the end times, and pertaining to His coming. As we see the signs occurring more and more frequently, it is very likely that Jesus' words apply to our generation more than any generation that has come before us. The nearer we draw to His return, the more important it is that we heed His instructions, and prepare ourselves accordingly. When speaking of these end times, Jesus referred to the fig tree in parable. Many believe that the fig tree represents Israel, and its place in end time events. We will also see how it is an important sign for the Church, even from the Old Testament.
After warning of tribulation, false Christs, and referring to the catching away of the Church, Jesus continues:
"Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only...Watch therefore, for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come."
                                                                                          Mt. 24:32-42 (excerpt)
Jesus described the behavior that should accompany this uncertainty regarding the exact moment of His coming. He tells of how a good man, or servant, of the house, if he knew the moment of the coming of a thief, would make sure to have kept watch for it.
He instructs us to keep the same kind of vigil, so we will not be caught unprepared for His sudden coming. It will come at the exact time that we think it won't come. He warned, "Therefore be ye also ready."   Mt. 24:43-44
Not only are we to watch, but we are to be found doing the work at His coming that we have been called and purposed to do. If we are doing that work, we will be blessed and rewarded.  What is the work that the Lord should find us doing upon His return?
"Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his Lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?"  Mt. 24:45
We are to be occupied in the work that He has purposed us to do-providing spiritual meat for all called to the household of God. The "meat" to be provided is the uncompromised Word of truth, and the works of ministry in the name of the Lord, and the making of disciples.
At the same time, Jesus also told about the evil servant, who, based on his belief that the lord of the house would not be returning soon, not only did not perform the duties expected of him, but abused the others serving in the household, and spent his hours in sinful activity (v.48-49). Jesus warned that the consequences to this servant will be devastating:
"The lord of that servant...shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth (extreme anguish and utter despair)....and will appoint him his portion with unbelievers"  Mt. 24:50-51, Lk. 12:46
This is the same judgment that was determined for the guest at the king's wedding banquet for his son, who was not attired in the proper wedding garment. The king ordered that guest to be bound and cast into the outer darkness (Mt. 22:12-13). Jesus concluded with the chilling statement:
"For many are called, but few are chosen."  Mt. 22:14
There will not be time to prepare or to be ready when the moment of His coming arrives. The Lord instructed to have our loins girded about (out of bed and dressed), and our lights burning, even in the middle of the night, when others have gone to bed thinking the master is not about to return. At the sound of His knock, we are to be ready to open the door to Him immediately (Lk. 12:35-36). Like the servant, this is the Lord's expectation of us, this is part of the "duties" that have been given to us:
"For the Son of man...gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch...Lest coming suddenly, he find you sleeping. And what I say unto you I say to you all, Watch."  Mk. 13:34-37 (excerpt)
In the Song of Songs, the bride lost her opportunity to go with the bridegroom because she was not prepared for his knock, though the signs and seasons pointed to his soon arrival:
(The bridegroom is speaking) "The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with their tender grapes give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away." 
                                                                                                     Song 2:13
(The bride is speaking) "I sleep, but my heart waketh: it is the voice of my beloved that knocketh saying, Open to me, my sister, my love, my dove, my undefiled: for my head is filled with dew, and my locks with the drops of the night. I have put off my coat; how shall I put it on? I have washed my feet; how shall I defile them?"  Song 5:2-3
The bride had already undressed and gone to bed. She was not prepared to open the door immediately to the bridegroom. By the time she got to the door, he had withdrawn (turned away). She went out into the streets looking for him, but couldn't find him. She called out to him, but he didn't answer. The watchmen and the keepers of the wall beat her, and took her veil away from her. The protectors of the city would have judged her to be a harlot, belonging to no one, out in the streets at night (Song 5:6-7 ).
In all of these parables and prophetic pictures, excuses were not accepted for not being prepared properly, for not being found performing the assigned work.
We need to understand and heed the signs of the times, and we need to know and be in our proper places in the Body of Christ, doing the work that has been purposed by the Lord for each one: awake, watchful, and prayerful, fully prepared for His coming at a moment when we might least expect Him. Peter told us that in the last days, the world will scoff at the idea of the Lord's imminent return (2 Pet. 3:3-4). However, we are to be prepared. Every indication we have points to the fact that He is coming soon.

To Contact/Submit a Prayer request/Support the Ministry/To Order the new book, "NAZAH":
https://twitter.com/everlastingcov8
http://endtimeschool.com/
To Watch the Complete Message:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10211854355416118&id=1287453776

Prayer of Salvation for all who desire to receive Jesus as their Savior:
Lord Jesus, open the eyes of my heart. I want to know You as my Lord, and as my Savior, who covers my sins, and cleanses my heart. Come into my heart, and also fill me with the Holy Spirit, who will lead me into all truth, and will teach me how to follow You. I believe that You are the Son of God, the Messiah, that You were crucified for me, and rose from the dead to give me everlasting life. I believe that You are coming again. Lord Jesus, in Your name I believe, pray, and receive all of these things. Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment