Wednesday, January 25, 2017

The Coming Resurretion and the Living Resurrected

 
These are perilous times for many Christians across the world. Many are persecuted, some even to death. On the other hand, many Christians are filled with the desires for the things of the world. They enjoy their comfort, prosperity, and status, and would not want to risk losing those things. However, all Christians should treasure the resurrection of Jesus Christ, and the hope and promise of resurrection for ourselves. Whether we are prospering or suffering, we all need to have a deeper and more intimate understanding of His resurrection.
Jesus taught us that even as His Father raises and quickens (restore to life, to cause to live) the dead, so the Son is also able to enliven those whom He chooses (Jn. 5:21). The Son will raise the dead by the sound of His voice:
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth My word, and believeth on Him who sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life...The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live...the hour is coming, in which all that are in the graves shall hear His voice, and shall come forth; they that have done good (by His leading and righteousness), unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation."   Jn. 5:24-29 excerpt
Those raised by the voice of Jesus will be judged by Him, because He is the Son of man, as well as being the Son of God. His Father has entrusted this justice and judgment to Him.
 
The prophet Ezekiel experienced a profound vision of resurrection in a vast valley full of dry bones. Ezekiel was also called "the son of man" by God, as Jesus was, and this resurrection also occurred by the sound of his voice:
"Again He said unto me, "Prophesy unto these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD...behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live. So I prophesied as He commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood upon their feet, an exceeding great army."   Ez. 37:4-5, 10
The dry bones heard the voice of the prophet, the son of man, who prophesied the word of the LORD God to them, and they were once again joined together, covered with sinew and flesh. They lived, breathed and stood again. It was the time of resurrection. This is the Valley of Decision of the prophet Joel, and the hour of harvest, in which the earth will be reaped (Rev. 14:15-16). These events of which the prophets spoke are about to come to pass upon the earth.
As we all wonder at this great resurrection authority and power of the Father, and the Son, the apostle Paul tells us that we are to seek becoming the living resurrected. We are to reach for this as something to be incorporated into our spiritual lives now. How are we to become the living resurrected? Well, before something is resurrected, even as the living resurrected, it has to "die".
 

 
Our bodies and lives are to be presented before God as living sacrifices, not conformable to this world, but transformed. This is the only way to live by the will of God, and become the living resurrected  (Rom. 12:1-2). Paul teaches further:
"...I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ...that I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable (receive the same form as, to bring to the same form not found elsewhere, fashioned like) unto His death.    Phil. 3:8, 10
Our communion with Christ must include a communion with His sufferings, and death-death to the image and likeness of this world, death to the things of this world, death to our own will and flesh. If we conform to His likeness, we also must conform to His sufferings, His death, and even then, with great joy, His resurrection, while we still live.
This is not the time for a comfortable, satisfied church, but rather a church who hears His voice, His call to a living resurrection, and is pressing toward the mark of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
If you would like to know Jesus like this, and know the power of His resurrection, to have fellowship with Him in all ways, you can seek Him, and receive Him through simple, sincere prayer:
"Lord Jesus, come into my heart. Forgive me of my sins, and become Lord of my life. I turn away from the sins and cares of this world, even my own flesh, and I turn to You, as my Savior, the true and living God. I believe that You died for me, that You rose again from the dead, and that You are coming again as our LORD and King. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit, and teach me and lead me in Your righteousness. By Your Spirit, give me the power and strength to live and walk in Your ways. Thank You for hearing my prayer, and receiving me. I pray this in Your name, Amen."
If you have prayed this and received Jesus, let us know! God bless you.
 
 
To Contact/Give:
P.O. Boc 155
Christmas, FL. 32709
 
 
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
https://twitter.com/everlastingcov8


No comments:

Post a Comment